Mystery Book Swap
Join the Mystery Book Swap this year and give a new book a home for Christmas!
The Lichfield Literature Festival’s annual Book Swap is back, but this time there’s a twist in the tale! This year we are asking you not to judge a book by its cover and to take a chance on an unknown story. Swap the unwanted books from your bookshelves for a new surprise and who knows what you might uncover.
It is just like an old fashioned lucky dip…but with books!
Here’s how to get involved:
1) Collect any books you no longer want – they can be fiction or non-fiction, read or unread.
2) Make sure they are in a reasonable condition – no missing pages etc!
3) Wrap each book up like a parcel – you can use anything to wrap it from old newspaper to sparkly gift wrap, the choice is yours!
4) Write a label to stick on the parcel with the following information ONLY
a. The genre of the book
b. The age of reader it is most appropriate for
c. Why you recommend it
5) Repeat for any other books you wish to donate
6) Drop your book parcels in to the Festival Office or one of our Book Drop boxes in Lichfield.
7) Follow our Facebook Page or Website for information on where you can collect a new parcel for yourself at one of our Mystery Collection Days.
No time to wrap? Not a problem, drop your books off and we will sort it for you!
Book Drop Boxes:
Lichfield Festival Office, Donegal House, Bore Street, Lichfield, WS13 6NE – open Monday-Friday 10am-4pm
Keep an eye out on our Facebook Page for announcements about more Book Drop Box locations!
Our first Mystery Collection Day will be on Sunday 3 December at Lichfield Christmas Fayre. We will be taking a stall in the Market Square so come along and pick up your free mystery book from one of our Festival Elves!